I have a delicious recipe to share with you all today! We had new neighbors move into our apartment building yesterday. For the Kandt’s, new neighbors=new batch of cookies! I quickly put together a recipe that came out better than I imagined them to be! But before we talk about cookies. Lets talk about my workout for today! 😉
I do not know about you, but I am that person that often has a hard time opening doors. I also try to avoid taking multiple trips to my car after grocery shopping….
One of my goals this summer is to build my arm muscles.
After my 4 mile run, I then did an upper body workout that looked like this:
- Diamond Push-ups (x 15)
- Alternating Push-up Plank (x 15)
- Overhead Arm Clap (x 30)
- Push-ups (x 15)
- Power Circles (x 15)
- Wide Arm Push-ups (x 15)
I did this 3 times. Although it was a difficult workout for me, I was motivated by a new playlist packed with upbeat, energizing music. Some of the songs on my playlist included….
- Geronimo- Sheppard
- Invincible-Kelly Clarkson
- Something Big- Shawn Mendes
- Break Free- Ariana Grande
- Want to Want Me- Jason Derulo
- Lean On-Major Lazer
- Heroes- Alesso
- Girl Almighty- One Direction
- Outside- Calvin Harris
I hope this playlist can add more energy to your next workout!
Here is the recipe to my sugar-free (unless your peanut butter has sugar in it), dairy free cookies! I doubled this recipe to make some for our neighbors, some for dessert at our friends house tonight, and some for my sweet tooth husband of course!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Combine first three ingredients in a saucepan and warm gently on stove top.
- Next, add in the vanilla, oatmeal, and cocoa, and stir well.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie tray covered with parchment paper.
These should be ready to eat in 30 minutes!
What are some of your favorite songs to listen to while you are working out? What are your plans for the 4th of July?