We have friends that just moved to Orlando and bought a house that needs to be completely renovated. I always wondered why home-buyers did that, and now I completely understand. There is something so special about being apart of creating a home to live in. There were about 10 of us that gathered and we got so much done in a little less than 3 hours. The boys took care of taking the tile out of the ground, while the girls painted three different rooms.I wish I had some before and after pictures to share, but I am still getting used to this whole documenting my life thing. 🙂
Before we went over there, we enjoyed this 5-ish ingredient/ 30 minute healthy and oh so scrumptious dish….
Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 carton of Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 ½ cups of lentils
- 1 ½ tbsp of curry powder
- 2 handfuls of Kale (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot over medium heat and pour the oil onto the pot. Once hot, add the onions and saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the carton of butternut squash and bring to a boil.
- Add lentils and spices. Bring to a simmer, covered, and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add Kale and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with crackers or tortilla chips on the side.
For dessert, we enjoyed No Bake Peanut Butter Bars from one of my favorite bloggers, Peanut Butter Fingers (click on name for link to recipe).
This morning I woke up early to get a quick run in before attending an educational training on a software called Boardmaker. I learned so much in this training and I cannot wait to use some activities I created today in my classroom next year!
Would you buy a house that needs to be completely renovated? Who are some of your favorite healthy living bloggers?