This morning my sister and I did our long run together. We are both signed up for the Savannah Rock and Roll Marathon in November, so each weekend we are trying to increase our distance.It is so much easier running with this lovely women!
Energy balls can be a breakfast treat, snack, and dessert. Sometimes, I even break mine apart into Greek yogurt and add a little bit of honey. This recipe will make around 20-25 balls, but boy do they go quick with Mr. Sweet Tooth around!
- 1 cup oats (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed (I usually use a hand mixer but you can even use your hands!). Chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, to make the mix easier to handle and mold.
- Roll into balls of about 1″ diameter.
- Enjoy and let me know what you thought! =)
Yesterday Ben and I helped some good friends renovate their home and then had one of our favorite couples over for dinner. When friends come over for dinner, I have a few key recipes I like to make. One of which is a Chipotle style buffet. It is always a hit for guests. Stay tuned for the recipe! Not only did we enjoy a great dinner with friends, but this also happened….
What are some of your favorite snacks? What type of recipes do you like to cook for guests?